Are you an undergraduate or graduate student? Are you looking for a chance to gain experience in the field you love? Then ABC may be the right fit for you!
If you are interested in either the general or legal internships, please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to Alandis Brassel at firstname.lastname@example.org (see deadlines for the legal externships described below).
Current Internship Opportunities
Undergraduate & Graduate Internships with ABC
As an ABC intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of an arts service nonprofit as well as the Nashville’s broader creative sector. We consider our interns to be an integral part of the team. Throughout your internship, you will report to the Director of Programs and assist in numerous functions of the organization.
– Work with staff to develop communications/marketing goals
– Assist in writing and designing informational and marketing materials
– Maintain the organization’s online presence: website, blog, facebook, twitter, youtube
– Assist in writing press releases, reports, e-newsletters
– Attend relevant organization meetings
– Assist in program planning and execution
– Provide administrative assistance
– Strong writing and editing skills
– Ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision
– Knowledge of basic layout and design principles (preferred, but not required)
– Willingness to wear many hats and learn about the nonprofit community
– Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business, Marketing or related field. No experience necessary.
Flexible hours will be arranged with the student’s schedule to range between 10-15 hours per week. These hours will fall within the regular business hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
This is an unpaid internship and does not guarantee employment upon completion. We will work with the college or university to meet the requirements of an intern credit if possible. The student is responsible for securing and coordinating all information if college credit is needed.
Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts Legal Intern
ABC’s Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts (VLPA) program accepts resumes for legal interns during the school year and over the summer. As a VLPA intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to all manner of arts and entertainment law. Interns work directly with clients to gain hands-on experience in these fields. Throughout your internship, you will report to the Program Director.
– Perform client interviews and intakes
– Participate in client meetings
– Engage in research on a variety of legal issues
– Prepare memos on arts and entertainment law topics
– Draft and review contracts
– Assist in educational seminars on legal and business topics for the arts community
Summer internships are full-time, with a minimum six week commitment. Applications for summer internships are due by February 15. During the semester, flexible hours will be arranged with the student’s schedule, with a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week. These hours will fall within the regular business hours of 9 am to 5 pm. Applications for fall internships are due by March 31. Applications for spring internships are due by October 30.
This is an unpaid internship and does not guarantee employment upon completion. Parking expenses will be covered in full. We will work with your law school to meet the requirements for receiving academic intern/externship credit if possible. The student is responsible for securing and coordinating all information to obtain academic credit.