ATTENTION ABC FAMILY! We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been selected to participate in a fundraising tournament called Brackets For Good! This is the only sport for nonprofits and now it’s time to rally our supporters so they can make a huge impact on the Arts and Business Council in 2017! Our first round of tournament gets underway the evening of Friday, March 3rd and a championship victory includes donation from the tournament’s title sponsor! Get in the game and help us win Philanthropy’s BIG Dance!
- What is BracketsFor Good (aka “BFG”)?
- BracketsFor good is the sport for nonprofits. Inspired by college basketball brackets, Brackets For Good is a charitable, online fundraising tournament where up to 64 hand-selected, local nonprofits with a 501(c)3 status in good standing compete for donations while earning increased awareness along the way. All participating nonprofits have a chance at winning $10,000 unrestricted grant courtesy of the tournament’s presenting sponsor.
- How does it work?
- Picture the annual college basketball tournament in March. Now, replace the teams with nonprofits. Organizations go head-to-head in a single elimination, bracket-style fundraising tournament at bfg.org. During each week-long round donors visit bfg.org, select the nonprofits they wish to support, and donate money to help them advance to the next round ($1 = 1 Point). At the end of each round the nonprofit with more points advances and the points reset.
- Who is BracketsFor Good for?
- BracketsFor Good is designed to engage local philanthropists no matter if they are the CEO at a multi-billion dollar company, a director at a small nonprofit, a full-time mom, a local sports fanatic, or a young professional with new found disposable income. Brackets For Good is a platform for activating these like-minded individuals who want to support and continue the good-natured initiatives happening in their community.
So please consider joining our team to help us make it all the way to the finals and bring home an extra $10,000!