Through inspiring keynote presentations, collaborative panel discussions, and informative breakout sessions, Creative Exchange addresses common challenges in the creative industries and sparks innovation to tackle those challenges head-on.
In addition to the conference sessions, Creative Exchange offers one-on-one consulting sessions with industry experts in specific areas like marketing, insurance, legal, and business issues.
Most importantly, Creative Exchange is about expanding your network and forging connections with fellow artists, makers, and creative organizations to cultivate a robust, thriving creative community in Middle Tennessee.
CREATIVE EXCHANGE 2020
October 1 + 2, 2020
Day One Schedule (October 1)
- Virtual doors open at 11:30 a.m.
- Noon–12:15 p.m. – Welcome to Creative Exchange
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. – Opening Performance
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. – Opening Keynote
- 1:30–2 p.m. – Take a break or enjoy Mindfulness for Creatives with Sadie Hart.
Breakout Sessions (Section 1)
- 2–3 p.m. Digital Marketing for Creatives
- 2–3 p.m. Decolonizing Arts & Culture
- 2–3 p.m. Addressing Imposter Syndrome
- *2–2:30 p.m. The Inside Story on Artaya Loka & The Pronoun Party with Dana Greaves
- *2:30–3 p.m. The Inside Story on 1767 & Aberdeen Studio with Patrick Hayes
Move Your Body
- 3–3:30 p.m. – Take a break or enjoy a Salsa Dance Lesson with Nicole La Bailarina.
Breakout Sessions (Section 2)
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Achieving a Stand Out Community Arts Project
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Storytelling and Data for Grant Writers
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Telling Your Brand Story
- *3–3:30 p.m. The Inside Story on Found Movement Group with Stacie M. Flood-Popp
- *3:30–4 p.m. The Inside Story on Weirdo Workshop with Claude Kelly and Chuck Harmony
Enjoy Time with Friends
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. – CreativeMornings Nashville hosts an Afternoon Happy Hour!
Get Your Questions Answered
- 5–7 p.m. – Ask the Experts
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation with legal, marketing, or business leadership experts. Attendees will be contacted with details on how to schedule an appointment after registering for the conference.
Day Two Schedule (October 2)
Start Your Morning Off Right
- 8–8:30 a.m. – Savor breakfast at home while listening to Motown in the Morning hosted by Jacob Jones.
Artist Entrepreneur Awards
- 8:30–9 a.m. – Periscope Pitch & Awards Presentation
Breakout Sessions (Section 3)
- 9–10 a.m. Understanding Your Unique Value as an Artist
- 9–10 a.m. Something from Nothing: Advice from Those Who Have Been There
- *9–9:30 p.m. The Inside Story of Nashville is Not Just Country Music with Jamila “Mimi” McCarley and Thalia “Muziqueen” Ewing
- *9:30–10 a.m. The Inside Story on Isle of Printing with Bryce McCloud
- 10-10:30 a.m. – Take a break or enjoy Kindled Spirit hosted by Cameron L. Mitchell.
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. – Closing Panel
- 11:30 a.m. – Closing Remarks
- Noon – Closing Performance
Details subject to change. Additional information about speakers and performances will be added in the coming weeks. Email email@example.com for more information.
*Denotes half-hour sessions.
Creative Exchange 2020 is made possible by
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
Thank you to our 2019 Founding Sponsors:
DESIGNWORKS COLLECTIVE | SAGEMONT REAL ESTATE | SNAPSHOT INTERACTIVE
Circa Design | Manuel Zeitlin Architects | MPYER Marketing | Nashville Entrepreneur Center | Relationary Marketing
Bongo Java | d’Andrews Bakery & Cafe | Hattie B’s Hot Chicken