Through inspiring keynote presentations, collaborative panel discussions, and informative breakout sessions, Creative Exchange addresses common challenges in the creative industries and sparks innovation to tackle those challenges head-on.
In addition to the conference sessions, Creative Exchange offers one-on-one consulting sessions with industry experts in specific areas like marketing, insurance, legal, and business issues.
Most importantly, Creative Exchange is about expanding your network and forging connections with fellow artists, makers, and creative organizations to cultivate a robust, thriving creative community in Middle Tennessee.
CREATIVE EXCHANGE 2020
October 1 + 2, 2020
Day One Schedule (October 1)
- Virtual doors open at 11:30 a.m.
- Noon–12:15 p.m. – Welcome to Creative Exchange
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. – Opening Performance
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. – Opening Keynote: Decolonizing Arts & Culture
Colonization and racist systems have plagued arts and culture for centuries and persist today. With a panel of advocates known for breaking barriers, we will discuss how to decolonize and create equitable spaces where arts and culture can thrive. Learn how artists, supporters and gatekeepers can create a new paradigm shift to build a better future. Moderated by Kamilah Sanders with panelists Lauren Fitzgerald, Jon Royal, and Thaxton Waters.
- 1:30–2 p.m. – Take a break or enjoy Mindfulness for Creatives with Sadie Hart.
Breakout Sessions (Section 1)
- 2–3 p.m. Digital Marketing for Creatives moderated by Mayter Scott with panelists Michael Barin, Phil Cobucci and Lisa Swinson.
- 2–3 p.m. Creating Adaptable Programming: Art for a Distanced World moderated by Daniel Jones with panelists Dave Ragland, Tamar Smithers and Pam Marlene Taylor.
- 2–3 p.m. Addressing Imposter Syndrome moderated by Patty McAvoy with panelists Amy Anders Corcoran, Candace Asher, and Brittany Cole.
- *2–2:30 p.m. The Inside Story on Artaya Loka with Dana Greaves
- *2:30–3 p.m. The Inside Story on 1767 & Aberdeen Studio with Patrick Hayes
Move Your Body
- 3–3:30 p.m. – Take a break or enjoy a Salsa Dance Lesson with Nicole La Bailarina.
Breakout Sessions (Section 2)
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Achieving a Stand Out Community Arts Project moderated by Ashley Mintz with panelists Kristen Chapman and Marysa LaRowe.
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Storytelling and Data for Grant Writers moderated by Jennifer Deafenbaugh with panelists Randy Cohen, Janine Christiano, and Laurel Fisher.
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Telling Your Brand Story moderated by Stephanie Simkin with panelists J. Swift, Clark Buckner, and Monchiere’ Holmes-Jones.
- *3:30–4 p.m. The Inside Story on Found Movement Group with Stacie M. Flood-Popp
- *4–4:30 p.m. The Inside Story on Weirdo Workshop with Claude Kelly and Chuck Harmony
Enjoy Time with Friends
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. – CreativeMornings Nashville hosts an Afternoon Happy Hour!
Get Your Questions Answered
- 5–7 p.m. – Ask the Experts
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation with legal, marketing, or business leadership experts. Attendees will be contacted with details on how to schedule an appointment after registering for the conference.
Day Two Schedule (October 2)
Start Your Morning Off Right
- 8–8:30 a.m. – Savor breakfast at home while listening to Motown in the Morning hosted by Jacob Jones.
Artist Entrepreneur Awards
- 8:30–9 a.m. – Periscope Pitch & Awards Presentation
Breakout Sessions (Section 3)
- 9–10 a.m. Understanding Your Unique Value as an Artist moderated by Anderson Williams with panelists Aaron Grayum, Saran Thompson, and Anna Haas.
- 9–10 a.m. Walking Through the Valley: Activating the “Right” Brain to Find Balance moderated by Mayter Scott with panelists Lokelani Albanza, Rhonda Cammon, and Keshia Hay.
- 9–10 a.m. Something from Nothing: Advice from Those Who Have Been There moderated by Alandis Brassel with panelists Nicole Brandt Minyard, Emerald Mitchell, and Megan Kelley.
- *9–9:30 p.m. The Inside Story of Nashville is Not Just Country Music with Jamila “Mimi” McCarley and Thalia “Muziqueen” Ewing
- *9:30–10 a.m. The Inside Story on Isle of Printing with Bryce McCloud
- 10-10:30 a.m. – Take a break or enjoy Kindled Spirit hosted by Cameron L. Mitchell.
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. – Closing Panel
- 11:30 a.m. – Closing Remarks
- Noon – #SaveOurStages Closing Performance sponsored by The Listening Room
Details subject to change. Additional information about speakers and performances will be added in the coming weeks. Email email@example.com for more information.
*Denotes half-hour sessions.
Creative Exchange 2020 is made possible by
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
Thank you to our 2019 Founding Sponsors:
DESIGNWORKS COLLECTIVE | SAGEMONT REAL ESTATE | SNAPSHOT INTERACTIVE
Circa Design | Manuel Zeitlin Architects | MPYER Marketing | Nashville Entrepreneur Center | Relationary Marketing
Bongo Java | d’Andrews Bakery & Cafe | Hattie B’s Hot Chicken